The Energy Smart New Construction offering provides incentives for qualifying projects to adopt and implement energy-efficient design and construction that goes beyond the design baseline. In order to qualify, applications must be submitted during the design phase of the new construction project.
- New building/ground-up construction.
- Addition or expansion of an existing building.
- Gut rehabs that include replacement of all electrical systems, including HVAC, lighting or process equipment.
- “Warm Shell” projects, where the building envelope, central mechanical system and core lighting systems are included in the design and construction, but future buildout work or tenant improvements are permitted separately.
The baseline will be established by identifying the highest baseline from the following:
- Local energy or building code at time of project initiation.
- Baseline for state-owned buildings is 30% improvement vs. Louisiana building code at time of project initiation.
- Current design if building design is complete at the time of project initiation.
The Energy Smart team will have the discretion to determine the building design baseline for any situation that does not fall into one of these categories.
Ready to start your New Construction project? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504-229-6868.